A turn-based strategy game inspired by classic Risk board game. The game is highly configurable to allow to adjust battle field and various game rules.
- Zoom-able map.
- Map can be generated in cyclic mode to simulate world without borders.
- Application configuration stored in XML file.
- Allows to save and load game to game file in XML format with extension .xtg.
- Localization support (English, Czech)
- High DPI support.
- Multiple map cell shapes as hexagons, squares, triangles, isometric, and random mesh.
- Bridges between remote cells visible as lines.
- Multiple players support. Players can have different color and other starting properties.
- Application automatically open saved game file given as command line parameter after execution.
- Computer player settings to be low, medium or highly aggressive in attacking.
- Use Shift key during mouse click to attack maximum available power is moved without dialog confirmation.
- Use Control key during mouse click to move with maximum one time and repeated unit counts to selected target cell.
- Game option "Fog of war" which cause map to be covered to black and only explored cells will be visible.
- Auto save game to file option in settings.
- Map shape can be selected as Rectangular, Rounded or mask from image file.
- Support for symmetric map usable for two players game.
- Confirmation dialog for ending game.
- Support for switching large icons in toolbar.
- Support for cities. Cities can configured to be used as only growing cells.
- Allows to set grow rate as square root of cell power.
- Amount of inaccessible cells can be adjusted in New game dialog.
- Player mode human or computer.
- Graph window can be shown from menu which presents development of various statistic values during game turns.
- Load recent menu action to load recently opened/saved files.
Version 1.3.0 (2018-09-22):
- Windows (32-bit and 64-bit): Install-xTactics-1.3.0.exe
- Ubuntu/Debian (64-bit): xtactics-1.3.0-amd64.deb
- Ubuntu/Debian (32-bit): xtactics-1.3.0-i386.deb
- Fedora/RHEL/Centos (64-bit): xtactics-1.3.0.x86_64.rpm
- Fedora/RHEL/Centos (32-bit): xtactics-1.3.0.i686.rpm
- Source code: xtactics-1.3.0.zip
- Release notes.txt
- Developed using Lazarus 2.0.2
- Source code is versioned with Subversion and it can be downloaded by execute:
svn checkout http://svn.zdechov.net/xtactics/trunk
- Latest Ubuntu packages can be downloaded from Launchpad page
E-mail: Chronos <robie @ centrum.cz>